This role is responsible for the post-manufacturing validation of function and quality for Greenlight’s line of complex test equipment products. The role encompasses mechanical, electrical, and software systems. The equipment is process-system related (pumps, heaters, valves, vessels, electronic and electrical components, controlled by proprietary software). This role requires a thorough understanding the design, components, and operation of the equipment to be able to identify, correct, or report issues while configuring the equipment for further testing by the testing team. Communication and feedback of quality to the manufacturing team is required.
We are a fast-paced company looking for someone who works hard, takes pride in their work, and is motivated by contributing to the company’s success. Occasional overtime is required.
• Visual inspection of equipment to ensure conformance to the design documentation
• PC setup and software installation
• I/O checks and functional component verification
• Identification of issues with software configuration, component installation or function
• Replacement of components when required
• Working with cross-functional teams to resolve issues as they arise
• Providing feedback on quality, and driving improvement of team processes and standards
• Creating and updating technical and procedure documents
• Other duties as required
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Technology or Engineering (or equivalent)
• Minimum 1 year of testing experience in a manufacturing environment
• Quality control experience is an asset
• Knowledgeable in the use of hand tools and electrical diagnostic equipment
• Experience with one or more of the following would be considered an asset:
- Mechanical, electrical, and/or software troubleshooting
- Working in an environment with compressed gases
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly
- Ability to understand P&IDs, electrical schematics, and technical documentation
- Software programming and architecture
- Building PCs and PC troubleshooting
- Customer service and training
- Working with high voltage
- Certification in first aid
- Pipe and tube fitting
Skills and Attributes:
• Fluent in English (written and verbal)
• Strong attention to detail and process orientation
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Ability to work independently in a deadline-based environment
• An interest in clean energy technology and the environment
• Knowledgeable of workplace safety
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (www.greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes, and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (www.greenlightinnovation.com) is a leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest installed base in the world of fuel cell testing equipment. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunity for significant responsibility and independence in a fast paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes, and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to:
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.