You will be responsible for the hands-on commissioning and integration of mechanical, electrical, and software systems of Greenlight’s line of test equipment products. As the company operates globally, occasional local and international travel will be required to provide commissioning and training at customer sites.
The equipment is process-system related (pumps, heaters, valves, vessels, electronic and electrical components, controlled by proprietary software). You will be responsible for thoroughly understanding the design, components, and operation of the equipment and provide objective, evidence based analysis, design and performance feedback.
You will have a vital role in driving quality and customer focus within the company. The position will allow you to interface and drive multi-disciplinary teams to meet deliverables. We are a fast-paced company looking for someone who works hard, takes pride in their work, and is motivated by contributing to the company’s success. Occasional overtime is required.
• Performing test station commissioning including configuring, calibrating, and servicing instrumentation and data acquisition systems
• Functionally testing equipment against design specifications
• Developing test protocols and scripts for validating equipment performance
• Conducting tests, data analysis, and assessing test station performance
• Operating and providing design feedback of test stations in every aspect
• Validating and debugging Greenlight’s Emerald Software
• Component and instrumentation vetting
• Tuning of PID process and other controllers
• Working hands-on repairing and troubleshooting multi-disciplinary issues
• Providing frequent status updates of deliverables to internal and external customers
• Managing cross-functional teams to resolve issues as they arise
• Creating and updating technical and procedure documents
• Driving continuous improvement of team processes and standards
• Travelling occasionally to customer sites for installation, training, calibration & servicing of test equipment
• Connecting mechanical and electrical facility supplies to test equipment
• Other tasks as required
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• A minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in experiment design, setup, testing, data analysis, and reporting
• Knowledgeable in the use of hand tools and electrical diagnostic equipment
• Experience with one or more of the following would be considered an asset:
o Applying thermodynamics and fluid mechanics theory
o Mechanical, electrical, and/or software troubleshooting.
o Working in an environment with compressed gases
o Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly
o Software programming and architecture
o Building PCs and PC troubleshooting
o Customer service and training
o Working with high voltage
o Certification in first aid
o Leadership experience
o Pipe and tube fitting
Skills and Attributes:
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as this job has a customer-facing element
• Excellent time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to improvise and be creative in problem solving
• Commitment to quality and looking for product improvements
• Always looking to improve ways of doing things
• Process oriented and quality focused
• Knowledgeable of workplace safety
• Ability to work independently
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to travel internationally
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (www.greenlightinnovation.com) is a leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest installed base in the world of fuel cell testing equipment. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunity for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes, and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to:
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.