· Communicate with customers to develop product requirements and specifications
· Develop process systems that control gas and liquid flow, temperature, pressure, and humidity
· Thermodynamic calculations and process component design and selection
· Create and modify technical definition such as system P&ID drawings, control systems and safety protocol descriptions
· Communication of definition to internal manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service groups
· Develop bills of materials, design or supervise design of assembly models, manufacturing drawings, and assembly aids
· Communicate and negotiate with suppliers for off-the-shelf component selection and costing
· Ensure equipment/user safety and compliance with international safety standards
· Problem solving and troubleshooting in a cross-functional team environment
· Solicit feedback and conduct improvements relating to equipment performance, quality, and production efficiency
· Project manage and multi task in order to satisfy external and internal customer needs
· Other duties as necessary
Your Profile & Qualifications:
· Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering discipline
· 3+ years of process engineering experience
· P.Eng or P.Eng eligible
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven communication skills with internal and external customers
· Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs
· Proficiency with SolidWorks including modeling, sheet metal, assembly aids, and proficiency in dimensioning and working with suppliers and fabricators is an asset
· Hands-on capability for product development, testing, and troubleshooting
· Proven eye for aesthetic design
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
· Motivated by being a part of a clean tech company's success
Who we are
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a leading global supplier of test equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest installed base in the world of fuel cell testing equipment. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunity for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes, and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To aply for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to:
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.