· Review system design outputs (P&ID and DTS) to ensure adherence to Greenlight electrical design guidelines
· Design, calculate and optimize power distribution including branch circuits (up to 600V) and 24VDC control circuits
· Design electrical panel layout, field wiring and select components. Ensure ease of manufacturing and maintenance, count for proper enclosures ventilation, adherence to codes
· Ensure equipment and user safety and compliance with North American and international safety standards
· Contact vendors, select components and create complete electrical BOMs
· Create technical documentation for product manufacturing and software integration
· Follow in place working and safety procedures
· Participate in improving existing and creating new procedures
· Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams
· Communicate with customers
· Other duties as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
· Degree in Electrical Engineering related to power distribution, control circuits, layout and integration
· 5+ years of designing electrical equipment for sub-600V systems
· Proficiency with AutoCAD 2010
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of selecting and ordering electrical components
· Good knowledge of electrical codes and safety standards
· Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs
· Hands-on capability for product development, testing and troubleshooting
· Strong time management and prioritization skills
· Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
· Motivated by being a part of a clean tech company's success
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (www.greenlightinnovation.com) is a leading global supplier of test equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest installed base in the world of fuel cell testing equipment. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunity for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes, and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, send your resume and cover letter to:
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.