Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Develop designs and build complete solid models
- Create detailed component drawings and assembly aids to be used as manufacturing assembly aids
- Develop BOMs, work instructions
- Conducting root cause analysis for defects and quality issues
- Communicate with and provide support to engineering, supply chain, and manufacturing teams to resolve technical issues, provide clarifications, and schedule status
- Inspect key incoming fabricated parts, disposition of certain non-conforming materials and document rework instructions; support manufacturing with component issues and design guidance
- Cross check drawing packages and maintain related quality system
- Other duties, as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 2 years of design experience, including co-op positions
- Strong proficiency and interest in SolidWorks including modeling, sheet metal, assembly aids, and proficiency in GD&T
- Strong spatial visualization ability and demonstrated skill designing equipment for manufacturability
- Ability to build high quality solid models and assembly aid packages from scratch or efficiently modify existing baseline sets
- Knowledge of process equipment and related local supply chain
- Experience with PDM (product data management) an asset
- Proven eye for aesthetic design
- Proven communication skills with internal and external customers
- Proficiency with Inventor an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs
- An interest is playing a role in the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinovation.com) is a privately owned leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight, and while we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.