Job Description and Responsibilities:
- Review system design outputs: P&ID and technical specifications
- Design, calculate and optimize power distribution including branch circuits (up to 600V) and 24VDC control circuits
- Design electrical panel layout, field wiring and select components, ensure ease of manufacturing and maintenance
- Ensure equipment and user safety and compliance with North American and international safety standards
- Communicate with customers and vendors, select components and create complete electrical BOMs
- Create technical documentation for manufacturing and software integration
- Participate in improving existing procedures and creating new procedures
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams
- Other duties as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
- Degree in Electrical Engineering related to power distribution, control circuits, layout, integration
- Experience designing electrical equipment for sub-600V systems
- Proficiency with AutoCAD 2010
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of selecting and ordering electrical components
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and safety standards
- Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs
- Hands-on capability for product development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- An interest in contributing to the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinovation.com) is a privately owned leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.