Role and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a cost accounting system for real time cost tracking of projects within the organization
• Analyze gross margins on completed projects, report and investigate cost variances
• Create cost models for our standard electronic and mechanical products
• Determine costs and efficiency of company purchasing activities, monitor material price trends to support vendor price negotiations
• Monitor and report on inventory valuation and changes
• Review stock aging for obsolete and/or excess inventory write off
• Oversee and analyze restocking of inventory returns and monitor periodic inventory cycle counting
• Provide input to inventory strategy for specific materials and components
• Perform product line profitability analysis
• Analyze and recommend operational cost savings
• Other duties as required
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Accounting, or Finance
• 3-5 years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
• CPA or within one year of completing the academic requirements of a CPA
• Excellent analytical and reasoning skills
• Knowledge of ERP systems, data bases and accounting systems; experience with SAGE 300 is desirable
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Time management and prioritization skills with strong attention to detail
• An interest is playing a role in the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinovation.com) is a privately owned leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight, and while we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.