Role and Responsibilities:
• Review system design outputs: P&ID and technical specifications
• Design electrical panel layout, field wiring and ensure ease of manufacturing and maintenance
• Ensure equipment and user safety and compliance with North American and international safety standards
• Communicate with customers and vendors, select components and create complete electrical BOMs
• Create technical documentation for manufacturing and software integration
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams
• Other duties as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering related to power distribution, control circuits, layout, integration
• 1 to 3 years, can include co-op, experience designing electrical equipment
• Proficiency with AutoCAD 2010
• Knowledge of selecting and ordering electrical components
• Good knowledge of electrical codes and safety standards
• Strong attention to detail to ensure error-free designs
• An interest in playing a role in the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned, leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.