Role and Responsibilities:
• Plan, architect, develop and maintain Greenlight PLC test station code base, using IEC-61131 languages
• Work with Engineering teams to develop and update existing PLC software
• Configure PLC software for new test equipment and develop systems to automate configuration activities
• Maintain up-to-date software documentation
• Develop interfaces to devices such as network I/O, measurement equipment, and variable speed drives
• Develop software for Safety PLC hardware to meet system functional safety requirements (e.g. SIL)
• Work with in-house system integration team for testing and troubleshooting
• Other duties as required
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Diploma or Degree in Control Systems, Electrical Engineering, or Software Development
• Experience developing software in PLC using IEC-61131 structured text and function block diagrams
• Experience in developing and maintaining large software applications and libraries
• Experience with Object-oriented programming
• Ability to read and interpret engineering documentation: P&ID, I/O lists, electrical drawings, BOMs, and description of operations
• Experience with Beckhoff PLC hardware
• Experience with process engineering hardware (e.g. pumps, heaters, valves, instrumentation)
• Knowledge of 3-phase power and electrical circuits
• An interest in contributing to the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned, leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.