Role and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with customers to develop product requirements and specifications
• Develop process systems that control gas and liquid flow, temperature, pressure, and humidity
• Thermodynamic calculations and process component design and selection
• Create and modify technical definition such as system P&ID drawings, control systems and safety protocol descriptions
• Communication of definition to internal manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service groups
• Develop bills of materials, design or supervise design of assembly models, manufacturing drawings, and assembly aids
• Communicate and negotiate with suppliers for off-the-shelf component selection and costing
• Ensure equipment/user safety and compliance with international safety standards
• Problem solving and troubleshooting in a cross-functional team environment
• Solicit feedback and conduct improvements relating to equipment performance, quality, and production efficiency
• Other duties as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Mechanical, Chemical, or related engineering discipline
• 5+ years of systems/process engineering experience
• P.Eng or P.Eng eligible
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency with SolidWorks including modeling, sheet metal, assembly aids, and proficiency in dimensioning
• Experience working with suppliers and fabricators is an asset
• Hands-on capability for product development, testing, and troubleshooting
• Proven eye for aesthetic design
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• An interest in playing a role in the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned, leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.