The equipment is process-system related (pumps, heaters, valves, vessels, electronic and electrical components, controlled by proprietary software). The Test and Service Engineer must learn and understand the design, components, and operation of the equipment and provide objective, evidence-based analysis, design and performance feedback.
Role and Responsibilities
• Perform test station commissioning, configure, calibrate, and service instrumentation and data acquisition systems
• Functionally test equipment against design specifications
• Develop test protocols and scripts for validating equipment performance
• Conduct tests, data analysis, and assess test station performance
• Operate and provide design feedback of test stations in every aspect
• Validate and debug Greenlight’s Emerald Software
• Component and instrumentation vetting
• Tune PID process and other controllers
• Work hands-on repairing and troubleshooting multi-disciplinary issues
• Create and update technical and procedure documents
• Travel approximately 4 times a year, or more if available, to customer sites for installation, training, calibration and servicing of test equipment
• Other duties as required
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• 1-2 years’ experience in experiment design, setup, testing, data analysis, and reporting
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, as this job has a customer-facing element
• Knowledgeable in the use of hand tools and electrical diagnostic equipment
• Able to travel internationally
• Experience with one or more of the following would be considered an asset:
o Applying thermodynamics and fluid mechanics theory
o Mechanical, electrical, and/or software troubleshooting
o Working in an environment with compressed gases
o Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly
o Software programming and architecture, building PCs and PC troubleshooting
o Customer service and training
o Working with high voltage
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.