Role and Responsibilities:
• Review system design outputs (P&ID and DTS) to ensure adherence to Greenlight electrical design guidelines
• Design, calculate and optimize power distribution including branch circuits (up to 600V) and 24VDC control circuits
• Design electrical panel layout, field wiring and select components
• Ensure ease of manufacturing and maintenance, count for proper enclosures ventilation, adherence to codes
• Ensure equipment and user safety and compliance with North American and international safety standards
• Contact vendors, select components and create complete electrical BOMs
• Create technical documentation for product manufacturing and software integration
• Follow existing procedures and participate in improving and creating new procedures
• Provide technical support to the manufacturing, software, testing, and customer service teams
• Communicate with customers
• Other duties as necessary
Your Profile and Qualifications:
• Degree in Electrical Engineering related to power distribution, control circuits, layout, and integration
• 5+ years of designing electrical equipment for sub-600V systems
• P.Eng or P.Eng eligible
• Demonstrated electrical experience with new product design; flexible and creative problem solver
• Hands-on capability for product development, testing, and troubleshooting
• Proficiency with AutoCAD 2010
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent knowledge of selecting and ordering electrical components
• Strong knowledge of electrical codes and safety standards including UL and IEC
• Good attention to detail to ensure error-free drawings
• Strong time management and prioritization skills
• Commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Motivated to contribute to the success of a clean tech company
Who We Are:
Greenlight Innovation (greenlightinnovation.com) is a privately owned, leading global supplier of test and automation equipment to the fuel cell and battery industries, with the largest install base of fuel cell testing equipment in the world. Our customers are developing the next generation of energy storage systems for vehicles, commercial transport, and backup power systems.
Our work environment will provide opportunities for significant responsibility and independence in a fast-paced industry, and our roots as a process-based, lean operation will provide experience in a structured, process driven environment.
As a clean tech company we encourage cycling to work and the use of public transit when possible. Our facility can be reached by Skytrain and bike lanes and is located near the Burnaby Lake trail system.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to:
We thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.