Materials Compression, Resistivity and Permeability Tester
- Used to test thickness and resistivity of materials such as membranes, carbon fiber substrate or entire electrode assemblies (MEAs), while varying amounts of pressure. Options available for through-plane and in-plane permeability.
Allows researchers to replicate the conditions that materials will experience while under compression in a fuel cell, flow battery, or electrolyser stack.
Equipment Rating (Numerous configurations available):
- Maximum sample press force: 2000 N
- Maximum stroke of press: 40 mm
- Maximum size of sample: 300 mm x 700 mm
- Accuracy of thickness measurement: ±1 micron
- Accuracy of resistivity measurement: ±0.5%