Materials Compression, Resistivity and Permeability Tester
- Used to test thickness and resistivity of materials such as membranes, carbon fiber substrate, gas diffusion layers (GDL) or entire electrode assemblies (MEAs), while varying amounts of pressure. Options available for through-plane and in-plane permeability.
Allows researchers to replicate the conditions that materials will experience while under compression in a fuel cell, flow battery, or electrolyser stack.
- Maximum sample pressure: 11 MPa
- Maximum stroke of press: 125 mm
- Maximum size of sample: 200 mm x 400 mm
- Thickness measurement: 0 - 5 mm ±1 micron
- Resistance measurement: 10 µOhms to 100 Ohms; accuracy: +/- 0.1%