Materials Compression, Resistivity and Permeability Tester
- Used to test thickness and resistivity of materials such as membranes, carbon fiber substrate, gas diffusion layers (GDL) or entire electrode assemblies (MEAs), while varying amounts of pressure. Options available for through-plane and in-plane permeability.
Allows researchers to replicate the conditions that materials will experience while under compression in a fuel cell, flow battery, or electrolyser stack.
Equipment Rating (Numerous configurations available):
- Maximum sample press force: 2000 N
- Maximum stroke of press: 40 mm
- Maximum size of sample: 300 mm x 700 mm
- Accuracy of thickness measurement: ±1 micron
- Accuracy of resistivity measurement: ±0.5%