1) Sales Specialist Position
Greenlight Innovation is the industry leader in fuel cell testing equipment. We are working closely with our customers to enable the research, development, and commercialization of hydrogen fuel cell and electrolyzer technology.
We are looking for a Sales Specialist to join our team. This role reports to the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and acts as a liaison between our customers and the operations team.
To succeed in this position, you will require sound technical judgment and business acumen. You will have to effectively communicate with customers and help work opportunities through the sales stages. You will have to be creative, both technically and commercially, and you will help to determine where the team’s resources should be applied. You will have an interest in contributing to a clean-tech company’s success.
- Interpret customer needs and technical requirements during the sales process.
- Liaise with Greenlight engineering teams to attain the information required for costing and proposal preparation.
- Prepare professional technical quotes and proposal documents, often according to strict deadlines/purchasing procedures.
- Provide ‘voice of customer’ to Greenlight engineering teams to help define internal R&D objectives.
- Support business development activities including new product assessment and recommendations, plus involvement in trade shows, sales presentations, customer visits.
- International travel to trade shows and customer sites, as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration would be an asset.
- 5 plus years of related experience.
- In-depth understanding of the hydrogen fuel cell, electrolyser and battery industries and related markets.
- Experience in the operating principles or testing of electrochemical devices.
- Technical understanding of software, electrical and mechanical components commonly used in industrial testing applications.
- Business knowledge, particularly with respect to complex technical sales, international contract negotiation, procurement and budgeting cycles.
- In-depth knowledge of Asian business cultures, including Korean, Chinese and Japanese.
- Strong process-driven organization and time-management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- A creative thinker with solid analytical skills (a ‘big picture’ thinker who can get into the details when required).
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, according to process, yet know when to ask for help/guidance as required.
- Fluent in English with written and verbal communication skills.
- German and/or Korean language skills, written and/or verbal, are valuable.
- Superior in-person, email and telephone etiquette.
- Strong interpersonal skills- both internally with colleagues and externally to customers.
- Experience with CRM and ERP systems.
Compensation: $85,000 - $100,000
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Work for Greenlight Innovation?
- Canada's top 500 fastest-growing companies.
- Contribute to solving global climate change challenges.
- Flexible work hours.
- A premium benefits package including dental, extended health, Group RRSP, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Company-sponsored day-offs.
We are diverse, and inclusive and seek to create an environment where every individual can achieve their goal. At Greenlight, we value and celebrate the diversity of our applicants, employees, and guests. Please visit https://www.greenlightinnovation.com/faces-of-greenlight to meet some of our employees.
Thank you for your interest in Greenlight. While we appreciate all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary: $85,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
Benefits: Dental care, extended health care, paid time off
Work Location: In person